Website Design & SEO - Why It Must Be Done By An Expert
One of the most crucial aspects of your brand's online presence is your website and it needs to be perfect.
This is where you gain leads for conversations. Great website design is a significant part of a positive user experience. In fact, 98% of a user's first impression relates to design. If your site doesn't catch their eye immediately, it's unlikely that they'll return.
Understandably, you don't have room for mistakes as it could force prospects to leave your site and visit your competition. Web design shapes how users interact with your site and the actions they take. It is important to have those actions in mind as you work out the details of each page. You have to design your webpage with the needs of your audience in mind. You have to ensure that it provides an excellent user experience. Good design helps them navigate your pages, read your content, and take action to purchase your product, service, or to contact you for more information.
Great website design provides benefits to both your audience and your business. We are expert website designers and want to share some useful information with you.
- Brand: Your site reflects your brand and everything for which your organization stands. In this day and age, your site is one of the first things people look at to learn about your brand. Your site helps form the first impression. Every element of your site, including colors, fonts, and images, contribute to your brand identity. You'll need to choose these elements carefully while maintaining consistency across the site.
- Colors: Colors play a crucial role in graphic design. If you already have specific colors that define your brand, align with your logo, and represent other brand identity elements, you'll need to use them on your website. However, if you start from the beginning, you'll to consider color associations first.
- Layout: Simplicity and cleanliness are best when it comes to web design. It lets your prospect focus on the most vital sections. Your audience's preferences will also dictate the number of menu options or elements in a drop-down menu you should add. Users need access to be able to find information quickly and easily. If they don't have the details needed to make an informed decision, they're unlikely to follow through. There is no need to have dozens of menu items. Let your viewers access what they need fast without having to dig through unnecessary pages.
- Typography and Fonts: Readability is the most important component of choosing a font. It should be easy for everyone to read. The font must also be visible against the background color you select. Audience preference should dictate this section as well. Younger people, for instance, want something stylish and unique. Older individuals, on the other hand, prefer clean and simple typography and fonts that are easy to see.
- Responsive Web Design: In today's modern age of internet connectivity, responsive web design is key to pages rendering on a variety of devices and windows or screen sizes. Responsive layouts automatically adjust to any device screen whether it is a desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone. This is absolutely essential for your website.
- Photos: There are many ways you can improve your site's design to match your brand and goals such and using beautiful high-resolution photos that match the theme of your website. We have compiled over 100,000 high-resolution stock photos to use in our designs
- SSL certificate (https): Trust is everything online. The fastest way to destroy it is with the "Not Secure" warnings that Google now displays on all unencrypted webpages. SSL certificates are a requirement now and all browsers warn your visitors about unsecured connections. A 2019 Internal Website Security Seal Study by Ipsos Group S.A found 90 percent of internet users won’t stay on a website if they see a browser warning and will go to a competitor's website that has an SSL certificate. Our expert developers ensure that all your pages on your website have a fully compliant SSL certificate.
The benefits of hiring an expert web designer:
There are innumerable benefits of working with expert web designers to create your site but a few definitely stand out.
- Showing That You Care About Your Business: Having a professional website designed by our experts shows your customer that you care and take pride in your business.
- Saving Money: Your site acts as an online brochure or catalog, meaning you won't have to spend a dime on printing and distribution.
- Easy Access to Customers: Gaining new customers is much easier with a professionally designed website. Existing customers will refer you to friends and family using your web address.
- Higher Productivity: Having a website lets you spend more time on manufacturing products and providing services. The website is available to everyone 24/7 and they can check it at their leisure.
Choosing a web design company:
While web design may seem like a minor consideration but it plays a huge role in digital marketing strategy success. On this page, we'll discuss a few website design best practices so you can maximize your results.
Getting a website tailored to your business should be easy. After all, there are plenty of website design companies. However, the tricky part is choosing the right one since they're not all the same. You want to select a designer that speaks English as a first language. Overseas designers do good work, but so much of it is lost in translation and that will show on your website. We have been building high quality, reliable sites since 1997 and are located in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. We have over 5,000 happy clients and 90% of our business comes from referrals.
- Have Your Opinion Heard: As an expert in your industry, you know your product or service and how you should present them to your customers. No one knows your business better than you. Keep an eye out for a web design company that will listen to your ideas. Avoid companies that aren't open-minded to include your concepts into the site design. Our expert designers here at websitedan.com listen to your ideas to make your website perfect. Speak to the owner Dan direction for our dedicated 1 on 1 service.
- Visit Their Site: Every web design agency has a website of its own. You can use it to gauge their capabilities, design style, and technical expertise. A web design agency's site should be aesthetically pleasing, functional, and responsive. If you spot these features, you can be sure that you've found the right web design company. As you can see by our website, we understand clean, modern designs. Visit our portfolio page to see some amazing websites we have designed and developed.
- Get in Touch with Us: You probably won't get in your car and drive straight to the agency office. But you can give them a phone call to set up a meeting. Pay attention to how they handle the call. Inept agencies will attempt to sell their services immediately instead of listening to your wants and needs. On the other hand, the best agencies are always accessible and friendly. They shouldn't hesitate to ask for details about the project and your business. Dan and his team have an absolute passion for web design and will go the extra mile for you every time.
Over 50% of people view websites on a mobile device:
Is your website 100% mobile friendly? We design our websites in the Bootstrap framework, the world leader in modern website design, and designed to be mobile-first. Bootstrap is used by all major companies around the world as it is a much more advanced process than the boring cookie-cutter WordPress sites out there. WordPress is slow, antiquated, and always having coding issues as it relies on so many untrusted third-party applications to run. is Bootstrap's styles are built for responsiveness, an approach often referred to as mobile-first. We use this term in our docs and largely agree with it but, at times, it can be too broad. While not every component must be entirely responsive in Bootstrap, this approach is about reducing CSS overrides by adding styles as the viewport becomes larger.
- Components should be responsive and mobile-first.
- Components should be built with a base class and extended via modifier classes.
- Component states should obey a common z-index scale.
- Whenever possible, use utilities over custom styles.
- Whenever possible, avoid enforcing strict HTML requirements.
What does this mean to you and your viewers? It means your website will always look perfect and load fast on all devices.
Why Your Website Isn't Generating Leads:
People come to your landing page and read the copy but then what? They won't stick around unless you give them a reason to do so. If you don't clearly tell viewers what you want them to do – a strong call to action – they won't stay on your site for long.
Be direct about what you want your viewers to do. Tell them to "Subscribe Now"; if you're trying to attract more email or newsletter subscribers, "Add to Cart" if you want them to buy something, or simply "Contact Us". You can't imagine how many people leave websites because they can't find contact information. Place your call to action at or near the top of the page.
Is your website built for speed?
If you need to decrease page loading time, we here at websitedan.com can help. We optimize all of our designs so the pages load at top speeds. This really helps lower your bounce rate and extend the time on your pages. In addition, over time, you'll also see an increase in conversations and revenue.
Now you understand why having a professionally designed website is crucial and the benefits it provides. You also know how to choose the right web design service provider.
The Importance Of SEO
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is a term that you’ll probably hear more than one hundred times, especially if you’re part of a business venture or its owner.
It’s one of the most effective digital marketing tools that currently exist. Now, you probably have basic knowledge of what it’s all about, but many people don’t have a solid grasp over it. After all, it’s an exceptionally complex and multifaceted system.
The building blocks of this system incorporate multiple different elements. You have to know what they are and how they work if you want to find out how to manipulate search engines, such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. To keep things short and straightforward, it’s significant because it makes your website much more visible. As a result, you gain more traffic and opportunities to convert your prospects into customers.
Apart from that, it’s also a valuable tool for building brand awareness, relationships with your prospects and showcasing yourself as an authoritative and reliable expert in the field. If you want to learn about everything that makes this system vital, then you should continue reading.
Several components come together to form the gears and mechanisms of this digital marketing tool. Here you’ll find the descriptions of all those components.
- Keywords – Keywords are a set of words that form phrases. These are the phrases that a prospect uses to find online content. Back in the day, keywords were the only thing that people needed in optimizing a website. However, it doesn’t mean that they aren’t vital anymore. The only difference is that you have to choose them carefully after conducting meticulous research. You also need to place to them judiciously in your content so that they do their job.
- Content – It’s another crucial part of this digital marketing system. It’s like a vehicle that you ride to reach and engage your audience. Content may include anything from blogs to articles, press releases to video logs, podcasts to infographics, social media posts to whitepapers, e-books to local listings, and more. Make sure that your content is educationally appealing so that they enjoy it, gain information, and share them with people they know.
- Off-page – Off-page work involves external optimization practices that take place away from your website instead of on it. For off-page purposes, you need to build backlinks. Building high-quality backlinks will tell the algorithms of search engines to discern your website as valuable and authoritative.
- Local work – Local work is gaining more importance with every passing day since more and more people are using their smartphones and other mobile devices for search-related purposes. Researchers found that around 57% of all internet searches take place on smartphones or tablets, and almost half of those searchers look for business companies operating in their locality.
- Permalinks – It refers to permanent URL links that are specific to your website. It’s worthwhile to include keywords in your permalinks if you want to gain a higher ranking on Google.
- H1 tags – These are the large headers that you use to create a title for your content.
- Keyword density – Now, you can’t use the keywords as many times as you want. You have to adhere to keyword density rules if you don’t want the search engine algorithms to deem your content as spam. Additionally, make sure that you include keywords in your H1 tags, apart from the body of the content.
- Meta description – It’s the description that you provide search engines in your <Meta> HTML tags. Your keywords need to be in your Meta description, just like in the H1 tags.
- Backlinks – You already came across the term backlinks earlier. It’s when other websites link back to yours by providing their viewership with the URL of your website. The more backlinks you have, the better your opportunities are going to be in ranking your keywords higher. You can also buy backlinks, but you should try to avoid doing it.
So, why should any business company with a digital presence attempt using SEO tactics to manipulate search engine platforms?
- Brand building: Of course, branding is a much more traditional marketing strategy. Naturally, you may argue what it has to do in the field of digital marketing. Well, the brand-building process requires you to consider what you offer to your customers and what they have to say about it. In that respect, when you look at the processes involved in optimizing a website, you’ll realize that the factors are the same.
The content that you create has to be in line with your audience’s needs and interests, and then find ways to gain links to that content from other websites. Think about this relationship while developing appropriate digital marketing strategies. In doing so, you can choose keywords and create content in tandem with the image that you want your brand to have.
- No need to pay for advertising space: One of the most profound advantages that this particular digital marketing tool has to offer is that it doesn’t include paying for advertising space.
Just consider how traditional advertising campaigns work. You ascertain a location where you want your brand to appear. It can be a TV channel, radio station, or on one of the pages of a newspaper or magazine. Then, you need to compensate for the placement to the company that owns and runs that media. You may even have to pay for the ad to appear for a certain period, or within a specific number of issues. Once that period is over, the ad stops appearing and generating results for your business.
On the other hand, in digital marketing, you resort to PPC ads. Just like a traditional ad campaign, you have to pay to earn one of the spots. When it comes to PPC, advertisers only pay when a user clicks an ad and visits the website. This feature is, of course, much more plausible than any traditional strategy. While hosting every visitor involves expenses, your website does appear in the organic results below the advertisements, and you won’t have to part with a dime for those rankings.
- Optimization brings more traffic: On the surface, the ultimate objective of this digital marketing tool is to augment a website’s rankings in the search results. However, if you go beyond, then you’ll realize that the purpose of achieving high rankings is about attracting more traffic and converting that traffic into leads and customers.
Indeed, the process works like magic, and you’ll find more than enough instances on the web where brands earned massive traffic using this digital marketing tool. So, if you want people to flock at your website, then this system won’t disappoint you.
- Boosting authority and credibility: The world of the web underwent drastic changes in terms of the sales processes used by almost every business company. It’s due to the fact that the customers of the present day and age have access to a treasure chest of helpful resources that can help them explore their options before they speak with the sales representative of a business firm. This digital marketing tool will aid you in becoming part of that learning process.
It’s especially true if you combine search engine optimization tactics with content marketing. If you can create informative and valuable content pieces, then you’ll get the opportunity to build trust and credibility among potential clients early in the research phase.
In the beginning, a user has to find your site by seeking information concerning your industry. Then, he/she will stumble upon one of your resources in the search results. After that, they go through that resource. If they like it, then they might even share it with others and subscribe to your email list.
Now, this is where the process starts lagging a bit. The user might revisit your website multiple times and read your content regularly over the next few months without taking action. Those who have been using traditional sales processes might find the situation frustrating. However, with every content piece they read, you establish yourself and your brand as a credible and authoritative source of information. Once the visitor feels ready to make a purchase or speak with a sales representative, he/she won’t hesitate to choose you due to your credibility and authority in your field.
- Helping your target audience in the search: This digital marketing tool will help your company get in front of your target audience as they are actively searching for information. Since consumers use search engine platforms to gather information about products and services, you have a profitable opportunity in your hand. Researchers say that around 62% of customers use search engines when they wish to learn more about new business, products, and services, and almost 41% of them do it when they are ready to make a purchase.
It means that if you want your company to be part of a user’s online research process, then you have to ensure that your site appears in the search results against keywords related to everything that you have to offer. Furthermore, the same researchers found that around 48% of consumers prefer visiting a business firm’s official site to learn more about them. Understandably, establishing a robust online presence will help you achieve your marketing objectives and enable your target audience to search for information and make purchases in the way they want to.
- Improving user experience: Google is the most utilized search engine, and it aims to provide the best possible search results to its users. Naturally, most of the algorithm updates they release focus on ensuring that they direct users to sites that offer both relevant content and incredible user experience.
It’s the main reason why technical specifications, including usability, mobile-friendliness, and site speed, play crucial roles in rankings today than they ever did before. Of course, you can’t ignore professional support if you want to optimize your website.
Then again, it will allow you to keep improving the user experience offered by your site. If you consider how user experience influences conversions, then you’ll acknowledge the significant impact it has on your sales and revenue in the long run.
- Staying ahead of competitors: Website optimization does more than only improve the ranking of your site on the SERPs. In reality, you leave your competitors behind if you do it the right way. The first website that appears on the first page of Google receives around 20.5% of all the clicks. The second and third one gets 13.32% and 13.14% respectively.
It means that you need to do something to move up in the search results pages. In doing so, you will gain a higher percentage of the clicks for the keywords that you targeted, and your competitors will simply keep trailing you.
- Easily measurable: Finally, one of the most significant advantages that this system has to offer is that you can gauge every facet of your results. With traditional methods, on the other hand, you have to depend on searching for correlations between sales and advertising campaigns. You have several tools at your disposal, with Google Analytics being the best due to ease of use.
By using it, you can keep tabs on your traffic, referral sources, conversions, and every other calculable metric that matters to you and your business. As such, you can evaluate everything that’s working as well as the ones that aren’t. This feature will also bestow confidence upon you when it comes to allocating your marketing budget to the strategies that have the most significant impact on your goals.
Optimizing a website can be complicated and challenging at times. The process requires time, planning, and an insurmountable amount of patience, especially when it comes to achieving results. As long as you’re persistent enough, SEO could prove to be a boon for your web-based ventures. It will help you give your trustworthiness the boost it needs. You also earn traffic and improve your online visibility. Additionally, you’ll achieve the results you desire without spending a dime on advertising space, improve the overall experience of your targeted audience, and monitor and calculate your results.
We are located in Bucks County, PA known world wide for it's artists and designers.
About Us - We Build Websites
Founder Dan Doherty has been designing websites for over 23 years and is functionally versed across an array of knowledge relevant to the industry.
Dan learned to program at an early age amongst the backdrop of the birthplace of modern computing technology in Northern California. At just 14 years old, he taught himself complex computer programming during a time when this practice was, at best, rare. Here, he discovered a deep passion for the intuition of computer learning.
After graduating high school, he moved to Hollywood where he would spend the next decade acting. By way of his dedicated nature, he worked at mastering his craft. In turn, he landed a contract with N.B.C. and appeared in over 100 television episodes on several successful shows. During this time, he studied art, design, and production under the direction of major film executives, television studios, and renowned art galleries.
Dan left acting in 1997 to start his own website design business. Previously, Dan has worked as the CTO of many companies, but prefers to deal 1-1 with the customer in closer personal engagement. He has more recently donated hundreds of hours of his time to coaching the Special Olympics, and other passionate causes he believes in. From small one page personal websites to publicly traded business websites, he has done it all and can help you too! Contact Dan today for 1-1 personalized service today!